HostGator is one of the most famous names in the web hosting industry. Not only is it one of the largest hosting providers on the internet, but it has built a solid reputation for reliable hosting, support, and prices that delight customers.
Founded in 2002, HostGator has become very popular with leading blogging and webmaster related sites as it is a very easy to use and simple enough service for anyone to create their own blog or website with just a few clicks.
The company is headquartered in Houston, Texas and currently has over 750 employees and is also recognized as one of the fastest growing companies in the US, all of which are very important to consider when choosing a reliable hosting solution for your website and business.
In total, HostGator is proud to host over 10 million domains in over 200 countries around the world.
|HostGator Review Summary|
|Average load time||1.03 s|
|Average response time||143.4 ms|
|Support||Phone / Live Chat / Knowledge base|
|Start with HostGator|
HostGator has its own professional technical support. Traffic and used disk space are not limited in any way (primarily for shared hosting).
In addition to basic services such as shared hosting, cloud hosting, VPS hosting, and dedicated server rentals, HostGator offers a number of additional services, such as SEO assistance, advertising buying and advertising campaigns, and professional design development.
It turns out that the entire complex task at the construction site can be obtained from a single source (turnkey).
HostGator is great for running WordPress sites – there are even special rates in the Managed WordPress format. And to make the adaptation process on a new hosting as simple as possible, a free transfer is offered and up to 45 days for a full refund.
Is HostGator Hosting Really As Good As It Looks?
There is no doubt that Hostgator is a very rich and flexible site. Some of the main parameters of a star are:
- Unlimited Services
- Unlimited subdomains
- strong hosting
- Fantastic value for money
The different types of hosting at HostGator
- Shared Hosting
- Virtual Private Hosting (VPS)
- Dedicated Hosting
- WordPress Hosting
- Cloud Hosting
- Reseller Hosting
I will explain each type of them in detail later in this HostGator review.
In this HostGator review, these are the main points we’ll be looking at:
- Pros and Cons: What makes it different from other hosting companies? And what are the main drawbacks of HostGator?
- Uptime: Is your website available 24/7 with no downtime? Performance: How fast does your website load on HostGator?
- Price: Does HostGator offer the best prices on the market? Do you have an offer to save money?
- Technical Support: Can I rely on technical support? Can you easily get help if needed?
But if you want to skip the details:
We have found that HostGator offers a premium hosting service with a control panel, cPanel, Famous and many features.
Also, considering the quality of service, HostGator’s hosting price is the highest on the market.
HostGator also provides excellent customer service to help you when you need it.
That’s why we added HostGator at Our menu Best WordPress hosting services.
And now we start HostGator review in detail to help you know whether it is suitable for hosting your website or not.
HostGator was founded in 2002. It has rapidly grown into one of the largest hosting companies in the world. This growth is due to the low price of shared hosting packages, the provision of reliable and reliable hosting services, and excellent technical support.
HostGator is headquartered in Houston, Texas, USA. It also hosts over 8 million websites worldwide.
Advantages and disadvantages of HostGator hosting
Every hosting company has its strengths and weaknesses, and you need to analyze all the strengths and weaknesses and weigh what you really need and what you can overlook about the price.
Here are the main advantages and disadvantages of HostGator review in detail:
- Cheap Hosting Plans: HostGator stands out for its low price, especially shared hosting for just $ 2.75 per month. This is a low price compared to other global hosting companies.
- Reliable Hosting: HostGator guarantees 99.99% uptime. If you find that your uptime is short, earn a month’s worth of free credits on your account.
- Money-back Guarantee: HostGator offers a one-year, 45-day money-back guarantee. If you don’t like the service provided, hosting companies usually don’t offer a money-back guarantee for more than 30 days.
- Flexible subscription period: You can choose a monthly or yearly subscription period, but the longer the subscription period, the greater the discount, of course.
- Free Website Migration: HostGator provides free website migration services to all new customers. With this service, a team of experts will migrate your website from traditional hosting within the first 30 days of your subscription at no additional cost.
- Free Domain Name: HostGator didn’t offer free domains until recently, but some time ago the company announced that it would offer free domains with hosting at no additional charge. This feature will get the hosting service for at least a year.
- Unlimited Resources: HostGator provides unlimited disk space, unlimited bandwidth, and unlimited databases.
- Control Panel cPanel: HostGator provides a hosting control panel cPanel for easy management of website hosting and also supports other language as well.
- $200 Advertising Credit: HostGator offers $ 200 advertising credit to place ads on Google and the Bing search network on all hosting plans.
- Free Technical Support: HostGator provides free technical support to all our customers. You can contact technical support via live chat, email, or phone to help resolve any issues you are facing.
- The control panel is a bit confusing: The hosting control panel has a lot of information and most of it isn’t needed, so it’s difficult to navigate, but it’s still a well-known cPanel control panel, so you’ll get used to it over time.
- Technical support response sometimes slow: Technical support varies from user to user and from technical support agent to each other, but even when calling technical support, there are several indicators of the quality of support provided, many of which are the most important. From customer complaints about slow technical support response.
- Restoring backups is not free. If you want to restore a website backup, there is no manual way to restore it, but you will need to contact technical support and it will be restored for a fee.
- No multiple data centers: There are One data centers in the United States, and as you know, the closer your hosting service is to your website visitors, the better the download speed, so there are other hosting companies that can choose your location. There are also some. On the server hosting your website, but you can solve this problem by using the service CDN.
HostGator’s Hosting Performance
If you subscribe to a hosting service and find your website slow or sometimes non-functional on the internet, it certainly annoys you a lot and you need to change your hosting company and it’s It will cost you more. Not to mention confusing your work.
That’s why you need to choose a fast and reliable hosting company with an unprecedentedly stable track record.
So I decided to run some special tests to see the performance of HostGator hosting.
First: Test your Hosting speed
The most important indicator of hosting performance is speed. Faster websites are preferred by users and also help search engines better rank your website.
According to a survey, a 1 second delay in page load results in 7% less conversions, 11% less page display, and 16% less satisfaction for website visitors.
In the HostGator review, we created a test page to measure speed.
The demo site uses WordPress and uses the default template to add dummy content including images.
Next, I ran the test using the popular website speed test tool Pingdom … The results are as follows:
(Note: These tests were conducted in the USA)
As you can see, the site loaded in less than 1 second to a server in Dallas, Texas, USA.
This is faster than 94% of all the websites tested.
That’s great, but how does your site work during peak hours?
I used another tool called LoadImpact to find out.
This tool sends virtual users to your website and gradually increases the number of users until you reach 100 users at a time.
You can see the result in the graph below.
The green line in the graph is the page load time, and the blue line is the number of users on the site.
As you can see, the beta site worked fine for up to 80 users and then started to slow down.
These results are especially good when using shared hosting packages. Note that
shared hosting accounts share server resources with other websites hosted on the same server.
And once your website starts to grow and at the same time get more visitors, you need to upgrade your hosting account.
Second: the response time of the hosting server
Website content has a significant impact on page load times. If your website contains a lot of images, the page load time will increase significantly, which will affect the results of your server speed tests.
Next, let’s measure how fast the HostGator server actually responds, regardless of the content of the page.
I used another tool called Bitcatcha to find out. It behaves differently than other website speed test tools.
Instead of loading content, we just test the response time of the server.
The test is run three times in different locations around the world to determine the actual average response time for each location.
How HostGator ran in these tests:
The test site worked very well, with server response times of less than 1 second (only 37 ms) in the United States.
Overall, this score shows that the page loads at a reasonable speed from anywhere in the world.
As mentioned earlier, HostGator offers a variety of web hosting services to choose from, including shared hosting, VPS, cloud hosting, WordPress hosting and more.
Let’s take a closer look at the types of hosting provided by HostGator.
1. Shared Hosting
Shared hosting is the best way to start a new, low-traffic website. A website shares resources with other websites hosted on the same server. It’s easy if the server hosts multiple clients. Shared hosting is the most popular and affordable option for hosting new websites.
2. Cloud hosting
Shared hosting accounts are limited to a single server, while cloud hosting uses multiple server resources.
This type of hosting is suitable for large websites and heavy traffic.
Here you can easily allocate additional resources and scale and scale using resources from multiple servers, giving you complete control over usage without surprise.
3. WordPress Hosting
This is an extended shared hosting plan for your WordPress site. The difference from regular shared hosting is that it is a WordPress dedicated hosting that improves performance and protects your site from common WordPress hacking attacks using features that are unique to your WordPress site only.
4. VPS Virtual Server Hosting
You can host your VPS and manage your virtual resources on a cloud hosting platform. This is a suitable hosting type for large websites that are mostly busy, such as website performance flexibility.
The ability to leverage resources to meet the needs of a growing business, or install custom apps or coding to make your site work the way you want.
5- Distributor Hosting
This is a plan for resellers of HostGator hosting services and is a way to make money by reselling hosting services to third parties (mainly customers of web design companies).
6. Dedicated server hosting
Here you get a private server to host your site, with dedicated hosting you rent an entire server dedicated to your website only.
A private server is much faster than shared hosting because you don’t share server resources like space and bandwidth with other websites hosted on the same server.
HostGators . Shared Hosting Package Details
Shared hosting packages are perfect for beginners and newbies.
It allows you to easily set up a website, and you start developing your website and get more visitors and then always have your hosting plan as needed You can upgrade.
With HostGator, shared hosting comes with three different packages.
All packages include unlimited bandwidth, free domain and Free security SSL certificate.
The main difference is the number of websites you can host on your account.
- Hatchling Plan
This package allows you to host only one website.
You can install WordPress in one click, with a free domain name and SSL certificate, and a number of other features.
PRICESTARTING AT $2.75/MONTH
- Baby Plan
This plan allows you to host an unlimited number of websites.
All the benefits of the Plus Hatchling plan
- Business Plan
Suitable for larger business websites, this plan comes with a free dedicated IP address needed to set up an e-commerce website.
In addition to all the features of the baby plan and some other features.
Support and Customer Service
HostGator provides 24/7 technical support via phone, live chat, and email support using the ticketing system.
The HostGator Dashboard has a support portal to help you find quick answers from our knowledge base of over 680 articles and 500 video lessons.
Host HostGator Is it the right choice for you?
Read a detailed HostGator review of HostGator hosting, you may still be wondering if it’s right for you. To help you, remind us that HostGator offers a variety of hosting plans to suit all your budgets and needs.
It also provides all the tools you need to create a website easily and hassle-free.
Over 2 million customers already trust HostGator!
Whether you’re a professional or just getting started, HostGator Hosting is a great solution for building, launching and running your website right away.
Ready to build your website with HostGator today? Click here to select the appropriate package.